Recipe by loof
Clipped from an old issue of Parade magazine, this easy and healthy pasta dish truly is cooked all in one pot!
Top Review by sofie-a-toast
What I loved about this dish was how easy it was, that it only required one pot and that there were so many veggies! That being said, I found it a tad bit bland and ended up adding extra of everything that went in the sauce (plus some garlic). Also, for future chefs - this makes a lot of pasta! Make sure to use a big pot and have lots of hungry mouths ready and waiting :) Thanks for the post!
- 12 ounces linguine
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup fresh snow pea
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add linguine and boil 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually, so that the water doesn't stop boiling, add broccoli and asparagus. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Gradually add the zucchini, snow peas, and green peas. Cook 3 minutes longer.
- During this final cooking time, put the half & half, parmesan, butter, salt, and pepper in a large serving bowl.
- Drain pasta and veggies well and immediately pour into the serving bowl. Toss to coat all with cream mixture. Serve at once.