Clipped from an old issue of Parade magazine, this easy and healthy pasta dish truly is cooked all in one pot!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add linguine and boil 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually, so that the water doesn't stop boiling, add broccoli and asparagus. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Gradually add the zucchini, snow peas, and green peas. Cook 3 minutes longer.
- During this final cooking time, put the half & half, parmesan, butter, salt, and pepper in a large serving bowl.
- Drain pasta and veggies well and immediately pour into the serving bowl. Toss to coat all with cream mixture. Serve at once.
What I loved about this dish was how easy it was, that it only required one pot and that there were so many veggies! That being said, I found it a tad bit bland and ended up adding extra of everything that went in the sauce (plus some garlic). Also, for future chefs - this makes a lot of pasta! Make sure to use a big pot and have lots of hungry mouths ready and waiting :) Thanks for the post!
loof - I wish there were a way I could rate this 10 stars!! Fabulous dish. Creamy but not overly so and with all the veggies - well it is a dream come true for our family. Now I did goof and forgot to add the green peas and zucchini but we used the broccoli, asparagus and snow peas. This is so wonderful!! My grandson ate a whole bowlful for his dinner (he is only 4!). Just lovely all around. Congrats on your win in the Summer Spectacular event in the Cooking Tag Game forum...but to be honest I think I was the winner with being able to make this dish! I know it will become a staple for our meals!! :)
This was delicious and a nice change for me. I used whole grain pasta and for the half and half used soy milk with a little cornstarch to thicken it up. I did end up adding about a tbls. of cream cheese too. Thanks!