- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean turkey mincemeat
- 1 (28 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) tin no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) tin kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) tin pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion, pepper and garlic in a little olive oil over medium heat. Add the turkey and break up with a wooden spoon,cook until turkey turns white.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce and the remainder of the ingredients. Bring to a boil then cover and cook on a low heat for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with rice and top with sour cream and cheese if desired.