Recipe by jjdude75
This is a recipe I adapted from Woman's Day magazine. Easy to prepare for dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (more or less to taste)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked parboiled white rice (converted)
- 1⁄2 mild salsa
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in deep, large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add turkey and garlic and cook, stirring to break up meat, 3 to 4 minutes until browned.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Stir in broth, beans, corn, rice and salsa.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in onion and cilantro.
- Serve with accompaniments.