Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Good Chef Bad Chef and from the Bad Chef Adrian Richardson - could do as a breakfast or as a dinner but I would then serve it with a garden salad (that's the Good Chef coming in and I think then would serve closer to 6) but still a good one pot meal.
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 stalk celery (grated)
- 2 teaspoons butter (they specify 1 knob)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 500 g minced beef (ground beef)
- 6 slices bacon (rashers diced)
- 1 long red chili pepper (sliced)
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 1 liter passata (tomato)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley (chopped)
- 250 g spaghetti (broken into pieces)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- parmesan cheese (for my lot I would use cheddar)
- In a large heavy based fry pan, heat oil and add minced feel and bacon and cook for minutes, breaking up any lumps, until nicely browed.
- Add onion, garlic, celery, bay leaves, chilli, salt and pepper and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Pour in passata and stock and then add spaghetti and stir well and reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Serve on slices of toasted sour dough bread topped which cheese.