Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this recipe from a cookbook I was given as a wedding gift.
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth (I use bullion cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- Brown ground meat in a large saucepan, along with mushrooms, garlic& onions.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add water and broth and stir well.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes, salt& pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Break spaghetti in half, and stir while adding it in.
- If you dont stir enough, the spaghetti will harden and burn.
- Once spaghetti is mixed in, you only need to stir occasionally.
- Return mixture to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the mixture is the thickness that you desire.
- The longer you simmer it, the thicker it will become.
- I also had leftovers like white cooking wine& black olives, that I threw into the pot.
- Anything you would normally like in a spahghetti sauce can be used.
- Also, I was out of onions, so I used minced onions, which wasnt the same as real onions, but it did the job.
- I served this with a salad and dinner rolls.
- Makes 4 servings.
I enjoyed this and will make it again. I did add some extra spices as other reviewers had suggested. I also simmered the spaghetti for only 10 minutes before it was done. Thanks for an easy one pot meal.
this was pretty good. i thought it to be a tinny bit bland, but makes a great base for extra spices. i love one pot spaghetti's since it cuts down on dishes, but mostly b/c it makes the pasta taste yummy! my 6 year old liked it alot, and that was with the shredded carrot i hid in it! so it will def be my go to spaghetti, i will just be adding my own spice mixes. thanks!
Just tried it and thought it was fabulous. Will definitely be having again. Thanks!