I adapted this recipe from a cookbook I was given as a wedding gift.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground meat in a large saucepan, along with mushrooms, garlic& onions.
- 2Drain and return to pan.
- 3Add water and broth and stir well.
- 4Add tomato paste, tomatoes, salt& pepper, and bring to a boil.
- 5Break spaghetti in half, and stir while adding it in.
- 6If you dont stir enough, the spaghetti will harden and burn.
- 7Once spaghetti is mixed in, you only need to stir occasionally.
- 8Return mixture to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the mixture is the thickness that you desire.
- 9The longer you simmer it, the thicker it will become.
- 10I also had leftovers like white cooking wine& black olives, that I threw into the pot.
- 11Anything you would normally like in a spahghetti sauce can be used.
- 12Also, I was out of onions, so I used minced onions, which wasnt the same as real onions, but it did the job.
- 13I served this with a salad and dinner rolls.
- 14Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Pot Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.9
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 573.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 19.9 g