Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fast and easy- my kind of weeknight recipe. You can easily add meat to this- just cook it up in the Dutch oven before adding the pasta and liquids. I find it's tasty without meat- but sometimes brown up some hamburger or meatballs before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth, low sodium
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken in pieces
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven or big pot.
- (if cooking meat, do that first in the pot) then-.
- Add the jar of sauce, chicken broth, water.
- Stir in the spaghetti.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover.
- Let simmer 15-20 minutes until the spaghetti is cooked.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and serve.
Spaghetti was mealie and starchy. I added meatballs. I won't cook it this way again.
I haven't even had a chance to cook this yet, but this looks awesome! Although I LOVE spaghetti, I hate the cleanup afterwards, and the attempt to get everything cooking/warm at the same time! A pot for noodles (waiting for what seems like HOURS to get the water to boil), a pan to brown the meat, and then a strainer for the noodles, a noodle spoon to serve the noodles, and a ladle for the sauce... and then to top it all off by the time I'm done serving noodles for all 5 of us, what's left in the strainer gets hard as it dries out! I love one pot wonders, and if this method works, it will surely become the only way that I prepare spaghetti from now on!