Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
this is really good! I made this for dinner tonight and I think it's a keeper! :o)
Make and share this One Pot Southwestern Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 10 1⁄2 oz.can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into small wedges
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- black olives (to garnish)
- sour cream (to garnish)
- jalapeno (to garnish)
- chopped tomato (to garnish)
- in a large skillet saute chicken for 2 minutes on each side, stir in cream of chicken soup, chili, salsa and bring to a boil.
- reduce heat and simmer.
- stir in tortillas and 1/2 cheese, cook for 8-10 minutes and tortillas have softened and the chicken is cooked through, top with remaining cheese and serve with toppings (olives, sour cream, jalapenos, chopped tomatoes etc.).
I made this to go with mexican night dinner..I used a 1lb.4oz bag of grilled chicken strips,a can of Wolfs spicy chili and 1 cup mexican cheese.Cooked up real thick...Rolled up in a flour tortilla, served with mexican rice,refried beans,corn cake and a mexican salad.And of course flan for dessert.. My husband loved this chicken, the flavor was really addictive...A winner !!Thank U for this recipe I will be making it often.....
Oh my this was so good and so easy to make! Made as directed, but cubed my chicken instead of strips. To make it even faster, I prepped my chicken the night before and threw it in a baggie, so all I had to do was dump it and start the cooking. I probably used more cheese, but we love cheese at our house. If I did want to add something (believe me it is not necessary to make changes) I might add some chopped green chilis. Thanks Lisa in Oregon for sharing this great recipe.
Yummy, quick and easy! I served it over rice and added some corn, the kids snapped it right up!