Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cake! from Essence of Chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into cubes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- whipped cream, and
- chocolate curls, to finish
- Heat oven to 350* Butter and flour a cupcake pan. This recipe will make 9 cupcakes.
- Combine water, cocoa powder and butter in a sauce pan. Gently heat until butter is melted. Whisk to combine then add the sugar. Take pan off of the heat and continue to whisk until smooth. Whisk in flour and baking soda.
- Add the egg and sour cream - continue to whisk until batter is uniform in color.
- Bake 25 - 30 min until cake springs back when gently pressed. Let completely cool. Garnish with whipped cream and curls.