Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
simple,great tasting one pot meal. perfect for a cold winters day! hope you dig it!
- 1 lb beef smoked sausage
- 1 medium vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 small head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces dark beer
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- add butter to large pot. add sugar, chopped onions, garlic, and sausage until sausage begins to brown. open two beers. drink one beer. add cabbage, do not mix it inches let it rest on meat and onions. add 6oz beer.salt and pepper to taste.cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes. stirring mix occasionally. add green beans at last 5 minutes of cooking. drink remaining 8oz of dark beer. add cheddar on top if so desired. we serve over cooked egg noodles.