Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is based on Judi Caston's One Pot Clam Bake #40207. Even though this is cooked together in one pot the biggest surprise was that the ingredients maintained there own unique flavor. I made a double batch so that I could freeze the leftovers.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon course black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 21 ounces chicken broth
- 12 small red potatoes
- 2 -3 ears corn, cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 1 lb smoked sausage, of your choice cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces (I used homemade andouille)
- 6 ounces raw crawfish tail meat (fresh or frozen)
- 6 ounces raw peeled shrimp (fresh or frozen)
- 6 ounces raw scallops (fresh or frozen,any combination can be used seafood, clams, mussels, lobsters)
- In a large pot (5 qt) over medium heat saute onion in olive oil until light brown.
- add garlic, pepper flakes, pepper and salt, continue to saute for a few more minutes.
- Add wine and cook until reduced by half (about 20 to 30 minutes).
- Add broth.
- From this point cover tightly.
- Add potatoes and sausage, cook 10 minutes.
- Add corn and herbs, continue to cook until corn is tender but crunchy.
- Add seafood, starting with the items that take longest to cook.
- Serve immediately in large bowls.
- Serve with day or two old crusty bread (French etc.). You'll want to mop up all the juice.
Just tried this recipe with a few modifications. Very delicious! Will make again- quick and easy and tasty!