Recipe by looneytunesfan
From a Kraft newsletter.
Top Review by Chef Petunia
This is very good.... there was a bit of a starchy flavor that both husband and I could taste and it was probably from cooking the dry pasta into the dish and also probably from the corn but we really liked this. I used a medium heat salsa and also added dried red pepper flakes. We tend to like our food on the spicy side. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Taco Bell Home Originals thick 'n chunky salsa
- 1 (14 ounce) package Mac n' Cheese Deluxe, KRAFT
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- BROWN meat in skillet; drain. Return to skillet.
- STIR in water, salsa and Macaroni. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover.
- SIMMER 10 minute or until macaroni is tender, stirring twice. Add corn and Cheese Sauce; cook 2 minute or until heated through and blended.
- Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and green onion.