Recipe by andypandy
this is slow braised in the oven for 12 hours....or longer tightly sealed...serve with cheese polenta, or grits.....
- 3⁄4 lb beef bone, cut into pieces
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup dried lima beans
- 1 cup dried white kidney beans or 1 cup red kidney beans
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 potatoes, peeled cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 lbs beef short ribs or 2 lbs chuck roast, pieces
- 1 lb beef shank, with the bone in cross cut
- water, to cover
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place the beef bones on bottom, with beans and onion.
- Season with part of the salt and pepper.
- Next cover with the potaoes, carrots, ketchup, and flour.
- Place short ribs, and beef shanks on top.
- Season with the last of the salt and pepper.
- Add water to cover the meat entirely.
- Cover with lid and then with foil.
- Must be covered tightly.
- Place in oven at 250 degrees F.
- Cook-- Braise for 12 hours or longer.
- Serve in large soup bowls.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Eat with nice homemade cheese biscuit or polenta, or grits--.