Recipe by Irmgard
This is a great meal for week nights or when you don't have a lot of time, as it is ready in half an hour. Add a green salad and you have a complete meal!
Top Review by Ginny Sue
This made a good, quick weeknight meal with very little prep work required and only one pan to wash. I needed to cook this about 10 minutes longer for the rice to become completely tender.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 pork loin chops with bone
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 cup corn kernel
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together half of the parsley, the garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne and rub it over the chops.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown the chops, turning once, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Drain off the fat from the pan.
- Add the stock and water and bring to a boil, stirring.
- Add the rice and corn.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining parsley.
- Nestle the pork chops and any accumulated juices in the rice.
- Cook until the rice is tender, the liquid is absorbed and just a hint of pink remains inside the chops, 10 minutes.