Recipe by mommymakeit4u
Any of the veggies can be easily substituted. The better homemade stock you use, the better this dish will taste.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely diced cabbage
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked chicken, and diced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt oil in large dutch oven or pot. Add onions, carrots, cabbage and cook on high heat for 10-12 minutes. Add garlic the last 5 minutes of frying time.
- Add broth, quinoa, spices, salt and pepper. Cover a cook for 15-20 or until quinoa has absorbed broth.
- Stir in peas, diced chicken and Parmesan. Add more salt if needed.
- Serve with sriracha if you like it spicy!