Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Living in the far east, rice and eggs were the same as bacon, sausage and eggs in U.S. When you cook on one kerosene burner you do tend to put everything in one pot.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon sysco chicken base
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the water, margarine and salt or chicken base.
- Wash the rice in cold water, drain.
- Add to the water.
- Break eggs carefully in the water, leaving whole.
- Add chopped spring onions.
- Turn the heat up to boil. Then down to low.
- Cook until water absorbed, rice is moist but dry and cooked.
- To Serve: Take Rice Paddle or wide spoon and make a circle around one egg and lift out with rice. Serve in individual bowls. Do the same with the other eggs. Sprinkle the onions on top of each egg.
- Serve with Kikkoman soy sauce.