Montana Heart Song's Note:
Living in the far east, rice and eggs were the same as bacon, sausage and eggs in U.S. When you cook on one kerosene burner you do tend to put everything in one pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the water, margarine and salt or chicken base.
- 2Wash the rice in cold water, drain.
- 3Add to the water.
- 4Break eggs carefully in the water, leaving whole.
- 5Add chopped spring onions.
- 7Turn the heat up to boil. Then down to low.
- 8Cook until water absorbed, rice is moist but dry and cooked.
- 9To Serve: Take Rice Paddle or wide spoon and make a circle around one egg and lift out with rice. Serve in individual bowls. Do the same with the other eggs. Sprinkle the onions on top of each egg.
- 10Serve with Kikkoman soy sauce.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Pot Poached Eggs & Rice
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.0
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 723.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 11.3 g