Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Everything that needs cooking is cooked in the same pot. What a concept! No extra pots to clean. I found this recipe on Sunset Magazine's website.
- 12 ounces russet potatoes
- 12 ounces green beans, rinsed
- 12 ounces dry penne pasta
- 3⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 3 quarts water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, peel potatoes; cut into 3/4-inch cubes. Trim and discard ends from beans; remove strings. Cut beans diagonally into 2- to 3-inch lengths.
- When water is boiling, add potatoes and pasta and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes. Add beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender when pierced and pasta and beans are barely tender to bite, 4 to 6 minutes longer. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Return pasta mixture to pan and add pesto and 3/4 cup cooking liquid; mix gently. If desired, add more reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Gently stir in salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese to taste. Pour into a wide serving bowl or distribute evenly among plates.