Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy and tasty one pot meal that's an easy way to get even picky eaters to eat some veggies. I serve it with a side salad and some garlic bread.
- 1 lb spiral shaped pasta (any shaped pasta will do -elbow, twists, medium shells, etc.)
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce (I use 1 can Hunts and 8oz. tomato sauce)
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large oven save pot cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- In last two minutes of cooking add grated zucchini to pasta water.
- Drain pasta and zucchini.
- Place pasta and zucchini back in pot.
- Pour in spaghetti sauce, parmesan and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Stir until combined.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top and place pot in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before serving.