Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my version of a recipe I found on DisneyFamily's website. It's colourful, flavourful, and SO EASY!!! It's all veggies, but you could definitely add chicken if you like.
- 8 ounces spiral shaped pasta
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 1 cup onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, heated
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add pasta. Cook for about five minutes and add the zucchini, corn, carrots and onion. Cook for another 4 minutes or so, until the pasta is al dente.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables and return them to the pot while still warm. Add the olive oil, warm chicken broth, tomatoes, pesto, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix well until the cheese is melted and enjoy.
Simple and delicious! Great veggie combination, too! I doubled the recipe (except for the onions) and brought this to work to share with one of my coworkers. She loved it so much that she asked to take home all the leftovers (which surprised me, because I brought it to work forgetting that she doesn't like tomatoes). She didn't even pick out hardly any of the tomatoes! Aside from loving how simple and quick this was, I really liked that it tasted equally good hot or cold. I used whole grain rotini for the pasta, and fire-roasted diced tomatoes. This is a keeper, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring '10 :)