1/4 Photos of One Pot Oven Baked Beef
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From Huey Hewitson. I have made some changes to suit us which is to omit 2 celery stalks diced and I cut the onion in chunky wedges and have added potatoes, have made potatoes and celery optional,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more if you wish)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (freshly ground)
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs thyme (fresh)
- 1 kg lean beef (cubed)
- 3 garlic cloves (large, minced or 3 teaspoons of jarred garlic)
- 1 carrot (medium sliced)
- 1 onion (large fine sliced but I do chunky)
- 6 new potatoes (small halved optional)
- 2 celery ribs (sliced optional)
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh finely chopped)
- 1Preheat oven to 180C fan forced (200C normal).
- 2Whisk the soy, worcestershire, flour, seasonings, bay leaves and thyme sprigs in a casserole dish (or heavy bottomed pot that can go into the oven).
- 3Briefly cook over a medium heat until the flour has dissolved.
- 4Add the cubed beef, garlic, carrot, (potatoes and celery if using), onion, red wine and beef stock.
- 5Stir with a wooden spoon, cover and cook in the oven for about 1 1/2 hours until the beef is tender, stirring a couple of time.
- 6Taste the sauce for seasoning and adjust if required.
- 7If not using the potatoes serve with mashed potatoe or rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Pot Oven Baked Beef
Serving Size: 1 (717 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.7
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 175.0 mg
- Sodium 1413.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 56.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: