This looks like it could satisfy a lasagne craving at the drop of a hat. I'm going to try baking it, just to see what happens, and will report back then.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs Italian turkey sausage links (mild or hot, but should be the uncooked kind)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped (about 1/2 lb.)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces dried lasagna noodles
- 2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- chopped parsley
- 1Remove and discard sausage casings.
- 2In a 4- to 5-quart nonstick pan over high heat, combine sausages, onion, and garlic. With a spoon, break meat into small pieces and stir often until mixture is browned, about 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, break the lasagna into 2- to 3-inch pieces.
- 4To pan, add broth, 2 cups water, tomatoes (with juice), tomato sauce, basil, oregano, and lasagna. Boil, stirring often, until pasta is tender to bite, about 15 minutes.
- 5Ladle into wide bowls and sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Pot No-Bake Lasagna from Sunset Magazine
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.1
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 74.2 mg
- Sodium 2214.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 32.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat mozzarella cheese