Recipe by Ppaperdoll
We often have a glut of mushrooms and potatoes at our house when we haven't been good about cooking from our organic vegetable box. And I never know what to do with aubergines. This recipe from Delicious magazine helps us out when that happens. And it tastes darn good too! Serve it with rice and/or naan bread.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
DH and I liked this easy curry recipe. It was relatively quick to make. We used 3 Tb green curry paste as that was what I had on hand. DH said he thought it was a little plainer than he would have liked, but it was still good. It also used ingredients I typically have on hand. We served over basmati rice. Thanks!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped into small chunks
- 1 aubergine, trimmed and chopped into chunks (eggplant)
- 250 g button mushrooms
- 2 -4 tablespoons curry paste, to taste
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 400 ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons coriander, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add onion and potato. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes until potatoes begin to soften. Add aubergine and mushrooms and cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Stir in curry paste, pour over the stock and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Stir through coriander and serve.