Recipe by JustJanS
A quick to assemble recipe that smells wondereful and tastes even better!
Top Review by Bergy
Heavenly scents from this Heaven sent meal. The lamb is succulent and bursting with flavor. I made a mistake - I thought, and you know what thought did, that I had a bag of Prunes at home - not so! I substituted raisins, still excellent. I served it in whole wheat pitas, obviously eaten with knife and fork ,along with some tomato & sweet onion. Thanks Jans for another lamb keeper.
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 750 g diced lamb
- 500 ml beef stock or 500 ml chicken stock
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 125 g pitted prunes
- 100 g dried apricots, halved
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the meat in small batches, and cook over a medium heat until well browned.
- Return all the meat to the pan.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (except the almonds) and season with pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer covered for about 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Garnish with the almonds, and serve with rice.