1 hr 30 mins
This recipe has lots of ingredients, but it's one-pot and pretty easy! Very tasty and belly-warming.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 bell pepper, any color, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, diced
- 3 dried chipotle peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (if you don't have fresh, use 1 - 2 teaspoons of each herb, dry)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons green chili powder (or your fave spicy seasoning) or 2 tablespoons regular chili powder (or your fave spicy seasoning) or 2 tablespoons hot sauce (or your fave spicy seasoning)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1/3 cup Bulgar wheat, uncooked (use more rice if you don't have)
- 4 cups water
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes (several teaspoons of concentrated veggie boullion)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1Saute peppers, celery, onion and green onion in olive oil til tender.
- 2Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce to a simmer and cover until rice is done, stirring every few minutes.
- 4Add more water if needed to get the rice done. You want to have a little sauce at the end, and no burnt rice.
- 5Use more boullion, chili powder, a shot of hot sauce, and/or more of the spices for flavor if needed.
- 6You may want to add salt and pepper depending on the saltiness of your boullion.
- 7(Optional) When it's about ready, add these and simmer until heated through: 1/2 cup veggie sausage and/or 1/2 cup veggie chikn.
- 8Remove bay leaves and enjoy! Goes great with some nice crusty bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One-Pot Hotshot Vegan Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.1
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 527.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green chili powder
vegetable bouillon cubes