Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe works well in an electric skillet.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked no yolk medium egg noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 low-sodium beef bouillon cube
- In a large saucepan or skillet, cook meat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add onion, celery and green pepper; cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, if desired, basil and pepper.
- Stir in noodles, beans, tomatoes, water and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.