Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Men seem to love this. This is different than the other one pot dinners I have seen posted. Easy simple and the crock pot is always the best way to cook on a busy day. This dish is great for the winter on a cold blustery day. Tastes great, easy, what more could we ask for.
- 1⁄2-1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (31 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Brwon ground beef in skillet, drain off fat and put in crock pot.
- cut bacon in small pieces.
- Fry bacon and onions till brown; drain off fat.
- Add bacon, onions, and remaining ingredients to crock pot.
- Stir together well.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 9 hours.
- If using the 2 quart crock pot, reduce this recipe by half.
LOVE IT! And my DH probably loved it more than I did!! An awesome dish for cold winter nights!!
Very good, came out like a sweeter version of chili. 9 hours is WAY TOO LONG to cook in the crockpot though, it was burned to sides of my crockpot when I came home from work. Next time I will cook it for 4-5 hours.
I loved this recipe and use it as a baked beans recipe. I have taken it to a couple of BBQ this summer and always get request for the recipe.