Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This can be either Italian or Mexican in flavour.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) package macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown beef and onion in a large electric fry pan. Add green onions for the last 5 minutes.
- Stir in all other ingredients, except grated cheese, including both macaroni and sauce mix from macaroni dinner.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until pasta is cooked and sauce is thickened. Add a little water if necessary.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top and cover until cheese is melted.
- Mexican Variation: Omit basil and oregano. Add 1-2 tsp chili powder and use frozen corn instead of mixed veggies. Top with Monterey jack cheese.