Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this on Martha Stewart's website searching for a curried rice recipe.
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large head cauliflower, cored and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 2 cups basmati rice or 2 cups other long-grain white rice
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 3⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth or 2 3⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a Dutch oven or other heavy pot, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high. Add cauliflower and cook, stirring frequently, until browned in spots. Transfer to a plate and season with salt and pepper. Add 2 teaspoons oil and onion to pot; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, 5 minutes. Add rice, curry powder, and chickpeas and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until rice is coated, about 2 minutes. Add broth and cream and bring to a boil. Scatter cauliflower over top (do not stir to combine). Cover and bake until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 15 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.