Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very simple recipe...perfect for a rushed meal. I serve this with a salad and buns for a complete meal
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups medium egg noodles
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
- In large stock pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Add chicken pieces, onion and garlic; saute for 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Transfer chicken mixture to bowl and set aside.
- Add stock to frypan. Cover and increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Add noodles and boil, uncovered for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli and reduce heat to medium; cover partially and cook for 2 - 3 minutes or until noodles are tender and broccoli is cooked, sirring occasionally.
- Remove about 2 T of liquid from pot and discard.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in sour cream. Return chicken mixture to pot; stir and heat through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Options: The veggies are inter-changeable. I have used red bell peppers, mushrooms, snap peas instead of the broccoli -- or you can use a mixture of all.
This was great! I reduced the garlic to two cloves, used frozen vegi's and left out the hot pepper flakes. It tasted so good and there were a lot of leftovers! Nothing beats old-fashioned comfort food!