Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe is used in Branson, MO at the Christmas on the Trail show at Shepherd of the Hills. To me it's kind of a cross between chili and stew. And, although I'm not usually a big fan of chili I love this! (I've guessed on servings.) I'll admit... I don't always wait 4 hours. It's good right away, too!
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 340.19 g bacon, cut in pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (850.48 g) can pork and beans
- 453.59 g can kidney beans or 453.59 g can pinto beans
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 59.14 ml dark brown sugar
- 14.79 ml liquid smoke
- 44.37 ml white vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
- Brown meat, then add bacon.
- Add onion and cook until soft. Drain.
- Put mixture into a crockpot or large stewpot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.Stir well.
- Simmer four hours or more. The longer the better.