Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe is used in Branson, MO at the Christmas on the Trail show at Shepherd of the Hills. To me it's kind of a cross between chili and stew. And, although I'm not usually a big fan of chili I love this! (I've guessed on servings.) I'll admit... I don't always wait 4 hours. It's good right away, too!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, cut in pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Brown meat, then add bacon.
- Add onion and cook until soft. Drain.
- Put mixture into a crockpot or large stewpot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.Stir well.
- Simmer four hours or more. The longer the better.