Judi Caston's Note:
I have varied her recipe slightly, but credit for this goes to MS! This casual meal is a regular hit at our house! Vary the amount of seafood to feed any size gathering. Can be made outside in a turkey fryer pot for a really huge crowd!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 473.18 ml white wine
- 473.18-709.77 ml chicken broth (fine to use stock cubes)
- 12 small red potatoes
- 2-3 ear corn on the cob, cut into 1 to 2 inch rings
- 1 sausage ring, cut into 2 inch pieces (polish kielbasa etc.)
- fresh herbs or dried herbs
- fresh seafood (use all or any combo of the following, Clams, mussels, small lobster tails,shrimp, scallops, prawn)
- 1In a very large stock or pasta pot, sauté onions in olive oil until light brown, add garlic and pepper flakes, green pepper and salt, sauté a few minutes longer.
- 2Add wine and reduce by half, add stock.
- 3Add potatoes and sausage, cook 10 minutes, until almost cooked through; add corn and herbs.
- 4Add seafood last, starting with items that take the longest to cook, shrimp should go into the pot last, cover pot tightly with lid after each seafood addition.
- 5Serve immediately from the pot, to retain the heat, large pasta dishes work best.
- 6Serve with plenty of hearty crusty bread, for mopping up the "soup".
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Pot Clambake
Serving Size: 1 (3477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2703.8
- Calories from Fat 557
- Total Fat 61.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4232.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 417.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 44.8 g
- Sugars 48.3 g
- Protein 59.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: