Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have varied her recipe slightly, but credit for this goes to MS! This casual meal is a regular hit at our house! Vary the amount of seafood to feed any size gathering. Can be made outside in a turkey fryer pot for a really huge crowd!!
- 1 large onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 -3 cups chicken broth (fine to use stock cubes)
- 12 small red potatoes
- 2 -3 ears corn on the cob, cut into 1 to 2 inch rings
- 1 sausage ring, cut into 2 inch pieces (polish kielbasa etc.)
- fresh herbs or dried herbs
- fresh seafood (use all or any combo of the following, Clams, mussels, small lobster tails,shrimp, scallops, prawn)
- In a very large stock or pasta pot, sauté onions in olive oil until light brown, add garlic and pepper flakes, green pepper and salt, sauté a few minutes longer.
- Add wine and reduce by half, add stock.
- Add potatoes and sausage, cook 10 minutes, until almost cooked through; add corn and herbs.
- Add seafood last, starting with items that take the longest to cook, shrimp should go into the pot last, cover pot tightly with lid after each seafood addition.
- Serve immediately from the pot, to retain the heat, large pasta dishes work best.
- Serve with plenty of hearty crusty bread, for mopping up the "soup".
This is an awesome recipe! I just made it for the first time. I followed the instructions completely but altered the ingredients slightly based on what I had available. For the seafood, I used two dozen middleneck clams and a cluster of snow crab legs. For the white wine I used Yellowtail Chardonnay. I made the chicken stock myself from a Costco rotisserie chicken carcass. For the sausage I used Amylu Chicken Andouille Sausage (also from Costco). I didn't have any fresh herbs so I used dried basil and Pirates Bite (a spicy hot ground pepper mix I get from a local spice shop). The dried basil flakes gave it a good look and the pepper mix gave it a little extra kick but not super hot. The result was incredible. Maybe the best seafood recipe I have ever tasted. Very highly recommended.
Excellent dish. I made this and have posted a new recipe that includes measurements of some ingredients that are missing above. Trying to take the guess work out of it. See One Pot Seafood Boil