Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This one comes from a Waitrose magazine and I've used it many times since I found it, using both chicken and pork. Lovely Fall/Winter dish; comforting rustic cooking!
- 1 roasting chickens, portioned into 6 or 6 pork loin steaks
- 16 ounces baby new potatoes
- 2 cups cider
- 1 cooking apple, peeled cored and chopped
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh thyme
- 1 firm eating apple, peeled cored and sliced into thinish pieces
- Season flour with salt and pepper, put in a baggie with the chicken portions or pork steaks and shake to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan, add chicken portions or pork steaks and brown on both sides for a few minutes.
- Pour in the cider and add the potatoes. Bring to the boil before adding the chopped cooking apple and thyme.
- Season well, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chicken or pork is thoroughly cooked, but not dry!
- Stir in the creme fraiche, add the sliced eating apple and simmer uncovered for a further 5 minutes or until apples slices are just tender, but not disintegrated!