1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Prevention Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium turnips, peeled & cut into . 5-inch cubes
- 8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1To prepare filling: Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large dutch over medium-high heat.
- 2Add chicken & cook 5-7 minutes or until well browned.
- 3Transfer chicken to small plate or bowl.
- 4Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the dutch oven along with the celery, carrots and onion.
- 5Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- 6Add garlic and return chicken and any released juices to the dutch oven.
- 7Stir in the sweet potatoes, turnips, broth, thyme, bay leaf, salt & pepper.
- 8Bring to a boil and then reduce heat & simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 9Remove bay leaf.
- 10To prepare biscuits: While filling simmers, in a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend with fork.
- 11Add oil & buttermilk and mix until ingredients are just incorporated. Set aside.
- 12In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water to form a paste.
- 13Stir cornstarch mixture into simmering filling and cook 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- 14Drop biscuit mix by tablespoons over top of filling in dutch oven.
- 15Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- 16Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until biscuits are cooked through.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One-Pot Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.3
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 729.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: