Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious, easy, and only one pot to wash!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles, uncooked (3 3/4 c)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In 5 qt saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add chicken and onion and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add chicken broth and heat to boiling.
- Stir in uncooked noodles and vegetables, stirring to coat with liquid.
- Cover, simmer on medium heat for 8 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed.
- Be sure to stir every 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together soup, milk and parmesan until smooth.
- Add to noodle mixture and simmer until heated through.
I like the one pot meal as well. Quick and easy to prepare Very tasty Good for a covered dish affair this is one of my PAC selections, 2007. Thanks for sharing.
Very good and I've always loved the one pot idea. I was leary about cooking the noodles in such a small amount of liquid, but it worked out great. Used a cup of leftover chicken (added later in the cooking process) and whole grain noodles in addition to salt, pepper and tarragon. Very creamy and satifying!