Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy casserole and freezes well. Great to keep in the freezer for a quick and easy dinner.
- 8 chicken breast halves
- 236.59 ml onion (chopped)
- 473.18 ml celery (chopped)
- 236.59 ml green bell pepper (chopped)
- 113.39 g can mushrooms
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 297.66 g can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 297.66 g can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 283.49 g can Rotel diced tomatoes
- 35.43 g can sliced ripe olives
- 453.59 g cheddar cheese (grated)
- 453.59 g package spaghetti
- Boil chicken, onion, celery and green pepper for one hour. Remove chicken and strain broth. When cool, remove chicken from bones.
- Cook spaghetti in broth. Strain and reserve 2 cups broth.
- Mix with spaghetti, olives, soups, Rotel tomatoes, olives and season to taste. Add 1/2 of cheese.
- Pour into lightly greased 3quart dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
It was very rich, almost too rich. I think that next time I make it I will add some water to the cream of mushroom & chicken...and not use 1lb. of cheese. It was too cheesy for my liking. My husband had to scrape the cheese off of the top to get to the main part.
I took this dish to a family gathering post funeral. Although it was a das occasion, everyone RAVED about the dish. I followed it to the letter and wouldn't change a thing!!!