Recipe by April410
Easy casserole and freezes well. Great to keep in the freezer for a quick and easy dinner.
Top Review by ItalianDelia
It was very rich, almost too rich. I think that next time I make it I will add some water to the cream of mushroom & chicken...and not use 1lb. of cheese. It was too cheesy for my liking. My husband had to scrape the cheese off of the top to get to the main part.
- 8 chicken breast halves
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cups celery (chopped)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 1 lb cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken, onion, celery and green pepper for one hour. Remove chicken and strain broth. When cool, remove chicken from bones.
- Cook spaghetti in broth. Strain and reserve 2 cups broth.
- Mix with spaghetti, olives, soups, Rotel tomatoes, olives and season to taste. Add 1/2 of cheese.
- Pour into lightly greased 3quart dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.