Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
From Everyday Food Light.
Make and share this One Pot Chicken and Brown Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- 1 yellow onion, cut into eight wedges
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken skin-side down in pot and brown on both sides, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Pour off all but 1 tbs fat in pot. Add onion and celery. Turn heat down to low. Cover pot and cook 20 minute.
- Add carrots, bay leaf, and water. Add rice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Raise heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low to bring mixture to a simmer. Cover and simmer until rice is done and all the water is absorbed, about 40 minute Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.