Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love this easy spice cake...It needs no icing and is so moist. Great to serve with early morning coffee or after dinner dessert. It was in a recipe book I received years ago as a wedding gift. Everyone loves it....mmmmmmmm
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Put raisins in a large pot and I add 2 cups boiling water.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Do not drain the water off.
- Add margarine, stir and let the mixture cool until your ready to bake.
- Then add flour, soda, salt, sugar and spices.
- No need to sift things together.
- Mix and bake in a buttered 8 inch square pan in 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes or until cake is done.
I don't usually like raisins but this was great! I used Splenda and it was plenty sweet. Thanks for the great recipe!
I'm not usually that fond of spice cakes, but we enjoyed this one, especially with the raisins included! And as indicated, it IS easy to make! Was great lightly toppeded with a cherry-cranberry sauce I'd recently made! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my A ONE theme in My-3-Chefs]