Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was submitted by Mrs. Stuart Padnos for a cookbook fund raiser put out by members of the Junior Welfare League, Holland, Michigan about 30 or so years ago. My mom brought the cookbook back to me as a souvenir of their trip. I've made these brownies all these years and have great luck with them every time. I like to top them with an easy cooked chocolate fudge icing that I got from a bowling partner several years ago. These brownies are like a chocolate cake-not gooey like some recipes and I do personally like them plain without nuts or raisins.
- Melt chocolate and butter in heavy pot.
- (I like to use a cast iron skillet) Let cool slightly, then add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs, mix well, then beat in flour.
- Add vanilla.
- Add nuts or raisins, if desired.
- Stir well.
- Bake in 9 1/2 x 13 inch greased pan for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Do Not Overbake.