Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Everyone in your family will love this dish. It requires very little effort, and the whole meal, including the noodles are cooked in one pot.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 -4 cups egg noodles
- 1 (4 cup) package frozen mixed vegetables, chunky
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot, cook beef and onion for 5 minutes, drain fat, add garlic basil and oregano.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Sprinkle beef mixture with flour; cook, stirring 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in milk, water and mustard; cook, stirring, until sauce comes to a boil.
- Stir in noodles and return to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in frozen veggies; cover and simmer, stirring often, for 5 minute or until noodles and veggies are tender.
- Stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
This was so bland that my family begged me to never make it again. To them, it was like a version of Hamburger Helper, but with more vegies. I'm sorry, but this recipe wasn't for us.
Oh my Kittencal, another wonderful dish. So easy to make with a great flavor. Followed the recipe as you wrote it.. Except I did mix cheddar with mozzarella and blended that in. The mixed veggies I used was an Asian medley and I added extra peas to use up what I had. My DD enjoyed this as well and when her boyfriend was leaving he looked in my pot he said it looked really good and the smell in the kitchen was fantastic. Smart guy. Kitten I love all your recipes they are absolutely delicious. Thanks
Made this exactly as written, without the parsley garnish. :-) Used a mixture of green beans, peas, corn and asparagus. Quick and easy to make with good flavor but not too much for kids or picky eaters.