Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from my weight watchers group. I admit I do prefer traditional pumpkin pie but this is pretty good. All the ingredients are core, too, even though baked goods don't qualify as core due to abuse potential.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (note not pie filling)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup egg white
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- Pam cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Spray 9" pie plate with Pam.
- Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 F and continue baking for about 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Slice into 8 pieces.
This was very yummy! :) And so easy to make. <br/>My only changes were that I used 2 whole eggs and decreased the sugar a tad, but thats just personal preference.<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this recipe with us, dreamer!<br/>Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #62 September 2013.
I used 2 eggs instead of egg whites because I wanted it custardy and not fluffy. I also used 24 packets of Splenda instead of the granular 2/3 cup. I used regular evaporated milk cause it's all I had. So my pie became 2 points a slice. I am very happy with it! Thanks for such an inspirational recipe!
Such an easy pie to make, and DW loved it because she is watching her calories. A great idea for the holidays. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.