Recipe by Barb G.
A delicious Chili recipe that my DDIL shared with me. She got the recipe from a friend. This is a very easy to make chili using turkey, veggies, black beans & a packet of dry chili seasoning-I used McCormick-mild. Note: We like our chili more like soup, the recipe she gave me said to leave lid off, to let it cook down.This makes 20 one cup servings.
Top Review by Sammijo
Great recipe! I found it perfect just as written. I have taken this to work for pot luck day and my co-workers loved it. This freezes well also. I like to freeze individual servings to have for my work lunch. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 10 ounces extra-lean ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 medium yellow squash, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagedry chili seasoning mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-heat; add turkey and onions, saute until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the browned turkey and onion mixture to a large soup pot and add the tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, beans, broth, celery, bell peppers, and chili seasoning.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat; continue to simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.