Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delicious Chili recipe that my DDIL shared with me. She got the recipe from a friend. This is a very easy to make chili using turkey, veggies, black beans & a packet of dry chili seasoning-I used McCormick-mild. Note: We like our chili more like soup, the recipe she gave me said to leave lid off, to let it cook down.This makes 20 one cup servings.
- 10 ounces extra-lean ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 medium yellow squash, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagedry chili seasoning mix
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-heat; add turkey and onions, saute until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the browned turkey and onion mixture to a large soup pot and add the tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, beans, broth, celery, bell peppers, and chili seasoning.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat; continue to simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
Great recipe! I found it perfect just as written. I have taken this to work for pot luck day and my co-workers loved it. This freezes well also. I like to freeze individual servings to have for my work lunch. Thanks for a great recipe!
YUM YUM! I entered all the ingredients into the recipe builder on WW online, and the points value checks out! This is so yummy. I also added cumin and red pepper flakes to it. I also added a couple tablespoons of corn startch to thicken it a little bit, so it's less soupy. Super easy to make and tastes great!
I give this recipe 5 stars because of its taste for how healthy it is. Sure if I weren't watching my diet other chilis may float my boat more, but this one is very good for 76 calories a serving, or one point if on WW. I use a modified version of this recipe with 3 T of worcestshire, a dash of red pepper flakes and 1 tsp ea of cumin, coriander, basil, thyme, oregano and a few garlic cloves. I sometimes add mushrooms or cauliflower depending on what I have on hand. This recipe helped me lose 40 lbs.