Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This jazzed up potato salad is perfect for solo lunches or dinners. Prep time includes cooking time for potato. Cube potato before cooking to speed up cooking process.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pimientos, diced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 potato, cooked and cubed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT potato in a bowl, mixing well.
- Add potato, tossing gently to coat.
- Chill until ready to eat.
I made this for my husband, who is very picky about his potato salad! While this one still isn't quite right for him, it's probably the best of the numerous recipes I've tried. He said he might like it better with some added pickle and a hard boiled egg. This was very simple to make and great for households where only one person eats potato salad, and you don't want too much! Thank you.
I made this this morning, and served it to my wife, today, for lunch, with a mackeral salad on toast. She said it was scrumptious. She especially liked the potato salad. There was enough left for me to try and I loved it, too. I did add a couple shakes of garlic powder, but, I add garlic to everything,anyway. I will definitly be making this again. Thank you for posting, TGirl.