Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Sweet, but not too sweet--I think even those who don't like zucchini would go for this one. This recipe turned out moist and yummy. You can leave out the walnuts, if you wish. We included them and liked them in the recipe. This recipe came out of a desire to use up an abundance of zucchini a co-worker gave my husband.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat together the sugar and oil.
- Stir in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then stir in the vanilla.
- Blend this mixture into the flour mixture, alternating with the sour cream; stir just enough to combine.
- Fold in the zucchini and nuts, mixing just enough to evenly combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.