Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops, trimmed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepre-sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork, sauté 5 minutes, on each side or until golden.
- Remove pork from pan.
- Add onion and mushrooms to pan; sauté for 3 minutes.
- Carefully add whiskey to pan; cook for 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Stir sour-cream mixture into pan.
- Return pork to pan; spoon sauce pork.
- Wrap handle of skillet with foil.
- Cover and bake at 300°F for 1 hour.
- Serve immediately.
Yummy, Tender pork chops with a very good gravy. Lots of flavor. Served them with a Green Salad, Baked Sweet Potatoes and basil-garlic green beans. Thanks for another delicious recipe Mimi.
It took longer to sautÃ© the mushrooms and onions, more like 8-10 minutes, but I like them done a bit more. The whiskey also took about 10 minutes or so to boil off. About half-way through baking, I re-spooned the sauce over the chops. When I turn on the oven, I put the potatoes in the oven for baked potatoes. We LOVE this easy to fix recipe!
10 stars if I could. This sauce is fabulous. I can't describe the taste. It was completely different than any thing I have fixed. Was very apprehensive until I tasted it-wow! Gloria