Recipe by Lisa in Oregon
OH this is a wonderful chicken dish. it's fast easy to make and very tasty.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Quick and easy to make on a weeknight with leftover cooked chicken. I felt this could use a little more seasoning, maybe garlic and/or cayenne pepper. Not to make it spicy hot, just to add a little more flavor.
- 1 (7 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) can chunk chicken, drained or 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked, cubed
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained or 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- in a large skillet, saute rice in margarine until golden brown over medium heat.
- Stir in water and special seasonings; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, chicken, tomato and basil.
- Cover, simmer 5-10 minutes more or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired.