Ann B's Note:
A very tasty (and not red!) sweet & sour chicken that's makes an easy all in one meal and is actually eaten by my picky daughter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits, save juice (can also cut up pineapple pieces yourself)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 5 cups Minute Rice
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1Brown chicken in a bit of oil.
- 2Drain and return to pan.
- 3Drain pineapple tidbits, reserving liquid.
- 4Add water to liquid to make five cups.
- 5Add water/juice mixture to pan.
- 6Add vinegar, salt, garlic, and sugar as well.
- 7Stir and bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat, cover& simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- 9Remove cover, stir in rice.
- 10Return cover and wait 5-10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 11Stir in pineapple bits and chopped pepper.
- 12Heat through and serve.
- 13Can also add water chestnuts, bamboo, etc.
- 14at end if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Pan Sweet & Sour Chicken w/ Rice
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.9
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 954.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 31.7 g