Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very tasty (and not red!) sweet & sour chicken that's makes an easy all in one meal and is actually eaten by my picky daughter
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits, save juice (can also cut up pineapple pieces yourself)
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 5 cups Minute Rice
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- Brown chicken in a bit of oil.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Drain pineapple tidbits, reserving liquid.
- Add water to liquid to make five cups.
- Add water/juice mixture to pan.
- Add vinegar, salt, garlic, and sugar as well.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover& simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove cover, stir in rice.
- Return cover and wait 5-10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in pineapple bits and chopped pepper.
- Heat through and serve.
- Can also add water chestnuts, bamboo, etc.
- at end if desired.