Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
This sounds like a nice way to use up all those extra zucchinis and tomatoes that so many people have from their gardens in the summer. I found this recipe in the August 2008 copy of BBC Good Food Magazine.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
This was great and we enjoyed this immensely. The vegetables and herbs work very well with the eggs. I used 6 eggs instead of 2 to make this a filling brunch for three people (2 eggs each).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large zucchini, chopped into chunks
- 7 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 5 fresh basil leaves, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the zucchinis and fry for 5 minutes, stirring every so often until they start to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic, then cook for a few minutes more.
- Stir in a little seasoning, then make two gaps in the mix and crack in the eggs.
- Cover the pan with a lid or a sheet of foil, then cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Scatter over a few basil leaves and serve with crusty bread.